- Winners Announced for the Inaugural Recircle Awards
- Successful Candidates from 11 Different Countries
- Marvin Bozarth and Giovanni Corbetta Win Lifetime Achievement Awards
CREWE, UNITED KINGDOM, 25th of April 2022 – Valebridge Media Services (VMS), the Crewe, UK and Madrid, Spain-based media services agency, has announced the winners of the 2022 Recircle Awards, the global industry awards event recognising sustainable innovation, production processes, management and services within the tyre retreading and recycling sectors.
Once again thousands of votes were cast in favour of the shortlisted nominees from all corners of the globe, with the eventual winners hailing from 11 different countries across 4 continents.
David Wilson, Managing Director of Valebridge Media Services, commented; “We are delighted to announce that the 2022 Recircle Awards saw a significant increase in voter registrations with a continued high level of international participation and engagement in both the nominations and voting processes. Once again, we’d like to thank the readers of our partner publications, Retreading Business, Tyre & Rubber Recycling, The Tyreman, Europneus, SA Treads and Tyre Trends for their support in helping to make the Recircle Awards a global success.”
The winners of the 2022 Recircle Awards in order of their announcement were as follows:
- Best Retreading Equipment Supplier: TRM
- Best Tyre Recycling Industry Supplier: ECO GREEN EQUIPMENT
- Best Retreading Accessory and Consumables Supplier: VIPAL
- Best Casing & Tyre Disposal Services Provider: TIRE CORE INTL LTD
- Best Tread Rubber Supplier: MARANGONI
- Best EPR Scheme: SEGINUS
- Business Breakthrough Award: ECOLOMONDO
- Best Tyre Recycling Research Project: LETICIA SAÍZ RODRÍGUEZ & JOSE MARÍA BERMEJO MUÑOZ
- Industry Achievement Award: KAYEL RETREADS
- Rubberised Asphalt Award: TINNA RUBBER
- Tyre Pyrolysis Award: SCANDINAVIAN ENVIRO SYSTEMS
- Circular Economy Award: MARANGONI
- Best Tyre Derived Recycled Product: SUSTRENDLAB
- Spirit of Retreading Award: FM PNEUS
- Best Tyre Retreader: MARANGONI
- Best Tyre Recycler: SCANDINAVIAN ENVIRO SYSTEMS
- Employee of the Year Award: JIM FOUGHTY (GOODYEAR)
- Best Company Director: PATRICIA MALNATI (JOMSALVA SA)
Additionally, VMS has announced the recipients of its two prestigious Lifetime Achievement Awards for the tyre retreading and tyre recycling industries respectively, selected by a voting committee managed by the respective editors of Retreading Business and Tyre & Rubber Recycling.
Winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award for the Tyre Retreading Sector was Marvin Bozarth, the former Executive Director of the International Tire & Rubber Association (ITRA), whilst the equivalent award for the Tyre Recycling Sector was awarded to Giovanni Corbetta, the recently retired Director General of Ecopneus.
“As always, we would like to offer congratulations to all our winners and nominees,” said David Wilson. “One of the key functions of the Recircle Awards is to highlight excellence across the tyre retreading and recycling sectors in terms of contribution to the circular economy, and there is no doubt that all our shortlisted candidates achieved that.
“This year, several companies managed to defend the awards they won in 2021, and our particular congratulations go to them. They understood that the key to winning one of these awards, in addition to their undoubted excellence in their individual categories, is to encourage engagement and support from across their networks throughout the awards process.
“Congratulations are also due to several candidates who came close in their respective categories including the AZUR Network, the Blackcycle Project, Goodyear, GRP Ltd, Gummiservice Produksjon, Medina-Med, Tyromer and VM Rubber.
“We would also like to express our gratitude to our Main Sponsors Autopromotec, Trophy Designers Neusus Upcycling and to all our Gold, Silver and Bronze Collaborators for their kind support of the Recircle Awards,” he added. “We look forward to announcing plans for the Third Edition of the Recircle Awards soon.”