The Falken tyre brand, distributed in South Africa by Stamford Tyres, will now be sold to market with an astonishing eight-year life warranty. According to the holding company – Sumitomo Rubber South Africa (SRSA) – this exciting initiative is part of its commitment to manufacturing quality tyres and providing peace of mind to customers.
José Romero, General Manager, Stamford Tyres SA, said: “We care about our customers’ safety and we are committed to providing them with quality tyres. Falken tyres are designed with award-winning cutting-edge technology that rivals the best.
According to Romero, the 4D Nano Technology is a cuttingedge propriety simulation technology, which supports the development for high-quality, high-performance Falken Tyres. “With this kind of technology we are confident in the quality of the brand and we would like for our customers to have peace of mind when purchasing Falken Tyres”, added José.
In addition to the 4D Nanotechnology, Sumitomo Rubber Industries made a breakthrough in the automotive industry with the Sensing Core technology. Available in other markets, this innovative technology can detect various conditions related to the tyre, including pressure, load, and road conditions, and now adds tyre wear to its capabilities. This eight-year tyre life warranty is a manufacturer’s warranty against defects in material and/or workmanship. All Sumitomo Rubber SA tyres (including Falken) purchased from Falken dealers come with the warranty.
What is warranted?
- Every tyre is warranted against defects in material and/ or workmanship for the usable life of the original tread, ending when any part of the tyre has worn up to the tread wear indicators (TWI) or for a duration of eight (8) years from the date of manufacture (“Tyre Life”).
- If a tyre becomes unserviceable due to such defect within the legal remaining tread depth, it will be replaced free of charge with a comparable Sumitomo Rubber SA tyre, on a pro rata basis calculated on the remaining pattern depth.
- Pro-rated adjustment credit to the customer will be given based on the percentage of remaining usable tread depth, down to the tread wear indicators. Where no tread wear indicator is present, there will be no credit due.
- A claim for ride discomfort will be accepted for adjustment only during the first 10% of the original tread depth. Such tyre claim will be replaced free of charge with a comparable Sumitomo Rubber SA tyre. A set of four (4) tyres from the same vehicle will be evaluated individually and adjusted according to each outcome.
- The Tyre Warranty shall be Transferable for the life of the tyre – Note that those tyres presented for a warranty claim by someone other than the original purchaser, can and will enjoy the benefit of the Tyre Life Warranty fo the residue of the period from the date of manufacture only.
- Special Note to the duration of Tyre Life as defined above – paragraph (a)
This Tyre Life Warranty came into effect in January 2020 and all tyres produced on or after January 2018 will for the duration of eight (8) years from the date of manufacture, be
covered by the Tyre Life Warranty.