Michelin has announced the introduction of two more ranges of products for the Sub-Saharan Africa markets. MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5 and MICHELIN LTX Trail will cater to a wide range of automotive and super car enthusiasts.
Marcus Baffoe-Bonnie, Vice President & Managing Director – Michelin Sub-Saharan Africa said: “At Michelin we never stop innovating to enable people to move around more freely, safely and to live a better life in motion. These best-in-class tyres launched today will cater to a wide spectrum of car enthusiasts- from high-performance automobiles to high rise pick up/ Bakkie and SUV owners, who looks for performance throughout the tyres life span”
MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5: the latest generation of summer tyres, designed to give high performances throughout their life span
- The MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5 tire: precision and driving pleasure for more miles (1)
- The latest generation of MICHELIN summer tyres, designed to give high performances throughout their life span
- The MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5 tyre: precision and driving pleasure for more miles ()
Michelin is launching its new summer tyre, the MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5, intended for sports car and high-performance sedan enthusiasts.
Designed to offer a unique combination of sporting performance and longevity:
- it is the best performing summer tyre among its main competitors in terms of life span for the sports category (1)
- it offers precision and exceptional reactivity in curves thanks to the Dynamic Response technology that has already proven itself in motorsport. A hybrid Aramid and Nylon ply forms a belt around the complete tyre structure to guarantee optimum transmission of driving instructions and further increase driving pleasure
- ) and wet () ground. The Dual Sport Tread Design technology allows for tread optimization, with more performance in the wet thanks to the inner part of the tread and in the dry thanks to its outer tread blocks
- the summer tyre has been designed to enhance vehicles thanks to a deep black velvet appearance. As a result, it was the 2021 winner of the “Contemporary Good Design Award” organized by Red Dot Award ().
Following the MICHELIN Pilot Sport 4 tyre loved by users () and winner of numerous awards (), the MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5 tyre will be available in the region in 54 dimensions ( 31 in RSA and 23 in CAF) from 17 to 21 inches, launched in phased manner in 2022 and 2023.
MICHELIN LTX TRAIL for the BOOMING HIGH-RISE PICKUP/Bakkie AND SUV MARKET in SUB SAHARAN AFRICA market
MICHELIN LTX Trail, the on- and off-road tyre is specifically designed for high-rise pickup/ Bakkie and SUVs and offers extended lifespan, lower interior noise levels, long-lasting safety with excellent wet braking performance – even when worn. This versatile tyre performs well on both paved and unpaved roads, thus enabling driving confidence and safety, whatever the road condition.
MICHELIN LTX Trail features 3 major advantages:
- 41% longer mileage1 with the RallyForce2 Tread Compound that provides better durability and maximum service life for both on- and off-road use, and a new tread design with the Biting Shoulder that wraps from the tread down the sidewall, to protect against sidewall aggression and ensure greater off-road performance and traction.
- Long-lasting safety, even when worn, with Variable Thickness Sipes that provide improved contact patch for better handling, grip and braking performance. On wet roads, when compared to its premium competitors, the MICHELIN LTX Trail stops 3.1 meters shorter when new, and 4.6 meters shorter when worn2. On dry roads, when new, it stops 3.8 meters shorter3.
- 19.8% lower sound pressure level4, thanks to Duo-Harmony Blocks featuring two different block shapes in the tread’s center that spread the pattern noise energy across a wider spectrum, for a quieter and calmer driving experience.
In the region, MICHELIN LTX Trail is now available in 14 sizes, with rim dimensions ranging between 15 and 18 inches, at Michelin’s authorized tyre dealers across the nation For more information, please visit (www.michelin.co.za/ or https://africa.michelin