Snap-on announced a new software release, which is now available for the US, European and Asian markets. The company said new features and coverage, plus everything from previous releases, give technicians the opportunity to take advantage of state-of-the-moment diagnostic solutions to perform fixes that lead to complete repairs and satisfied customers.
The company says new features and enhancements include:
- Security Link technician profile management with the new Security Link wizard, which simplifies manufacturer set up including automatic credential validation, making it faster to add a new OEM.
- Diagnostic tools: Zeus, Triton, Apollo and Solus series, plus Modis and Verus Edge.
- Record and report – add the technician’s name after identifying the vehicle. The technician’s name appears in the vehicle record and any system reports;
- SureTrack on-tool graph filtering enhancements allow for only parts relevant to the specific repair to be presented in the graph.
- Triton-D1 and Apollo-D9
- User-interface improvements that make menus easier to read;
- Faster over-the-air software updates and service release downloads.
- Enhanced guided component tests: Zeus and Triton series, also Modis and Verus Edge.
- Commonly used connector drawings are larger and sharper with new high-contrast diagrams;
- New images identify component location placement.